YOU DID IT!
Thousands of you made phone calls this week to encourage conservative lawmakers in the House to oppose the Republican leadership’s “trick rule” to fund Obamacare, and it worked.
This is a major accomplishment and you made it happen.
Some Republicans in the House were annoyed by your calls, but that’s okay. They needed to know that freedom-loving Americans from across the country were counting on them to stop Obamacare.
The American people oppose Obamacare and the votes do not currently exist in the U.S. House to fund it.
The question now for Republican leaders in Washington is whether they will accept this reality and join us in the fight to defund Obamacare … OR … will they keep trying to find ways to trick us.
Will John Boehner and Mitch McConnell listen, or will they continue to work to fund a program that will destroy our country? Time will tell.
We hear that Republican leaders are now trying to cut a deal where Republicans would get a one-year delay of certain parts of Obamacare and give the Democrats more spending and a higher debt limit in exchange.
There are a couple BIG problems with this.
- The only way to delay Obamacare is to DEFUND it. If Obamacare is not defunded, the Obama Administration will still be able to use our tax dollars to implement portions of the law. The health exchange subsidies that are designed to make Americans dependent on Obamacare, for example, will go forward.
- Americans should NOT be forced to permanently pay for more spending and debt just to get a temporary delay in Obamacare. Congress already spends far too much. If Democrats want to also raise the debt limit, they should be forced to completely REPEAL Obamacare and pass a balanced budget.
We will keep you informed as things develop.
TURN UP THE HEAT
We won Round 1, but the fight isn’t over.
Your support will help us:
- Run more national TV and radio ads against Obamacare
- Build upon the 1.2 million petitions to defund Obamacare
- Drive thousands of calls into House and Senate offices
- Target wavering Republicans who need to join the fight
Obamacare starts in October so we don’t have much time. If we work together, we can fund the government without funding Obamacare.
Senate Conservatives Fund
- Public Shaming Time! Names Of Republicans Who Refuse To Defund BoehnerCare (iowntheworld.com)
- Who are the Top Republicans Refusing to Sign the Pledge to De-Fund Obamacare? (bighealthreport.com)
- Top Republicans Refuse To Sign Pledge To De-Fund Obamacare (patdollard.com)
- Cantor: If We Can’t Defund Obamacare, Let’s Delay It (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Cantor Proposes Obamacare Defunding Plan (nationalreview.com)